1. Hi Guest! Log in and play now: mc.kotobaminers.org (MC Version 1.8 onwards)
  2. Hi Guest! Got a question? Just want to chat? Join us on Discord and stay up to date with all the Kotoba Miners crew! Access here).

Don't have the desktop version of Discord? Get it here.

3. Hey Guest!! Stay up to date with events and activities by following us on:
    Official Blog || Facebook || Google+ || Reddit || Twitter || Twitch stream ||
  4. Hi Guest! For a better experience, consider downloading the KotobaRPG Resource pack

[WANTED] People to test our new Spanish course!

Discussion in 'News' started by cheapsh0t, Nov 29, 2014.

By cheapsh0t on Nov 29, 2014 at 4:34 AM
  1. cheapsh0t

cheapsh0t 日本語の先生 Teacher Administrator

hola!!

Some of you may know that we have a KM member working on a Spanish course using the same structure as the JP course. Well, the SP1 building is complete and the teacher is looking for students to test the curriculum!
    2014-11-23_11.00.12.png
    There is no set time yet, but essentially:

(GMT+1) Monday to Friday at
    • 11:00 to 13:00
    • 17:00 to 20:00
    • 22:00 to 00:00

They can also do a few classes on the weekend if that works better for people.

Please leave a reply below if you are interested!

luken, TriggerWolf and Xannah like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by cheapsh0t, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Xannah
      Xannah
      ¡Hola a todos!

Hi everyone!

I'm glad to be here in KM thanks to @cheapsh0t. It's an incredible place and I'm really happy to do my best to become part of it.

The idea would be to start this SP1 test after this Christmas holidays. Here, in Spain, we're having a school break till the 8th/12th of January, more or lees (it depends on the school). Although we're nearly finished with the first building, there're some last things to shape, and due to circusmtances out of our control, we won't be able to finish them before that time.

About the class hours, as cheapsh0t said, we're having quite an open schedule at the time, so, we would adapt to any of you who would be interested; and we could also arrange some extra activities for some weekends if there's the need to.

Hope we can solve this circumstances during next week and we can connect to TS to meet any of you. We would have liked to do that before, but Real Life© has other ideas for us at the time.

¡Hasta luego!

See you later!
      cheapsh0t likes this.
    2. TriggerWolf
      TriggerWolf
      ¡Mira que bien!

¡Que interesante, Kotoba Miners se expandiendo a enseñar otros idiomas!

Te lo deseo buena suerte Xannah.

-Translation- :D

Looks great!

Interesting, Kotoba Miners is expanding to teach other languages!

I wish you good luck Xannah.

I'm not too good in written Spanish though... xD
      Xannah and cheapsh0t like this.
    3. luken
      luken
      I would be very interested! Mon, tues,fri, sat after 4. Would it be recommended to have anything prepared before hand?
    4. Maarkun
      Maarkun
      i have no particular interest in spanish, but it would be fun to join a lesson, is it ok if i join
    5. Nayelianne
      Nayelianne
      That's a really nice initiative, @Xannah
      Curious to check out the new class as well x3 I might pop by if I manage to get some free time.
      Xannah likes this.
    6. Xannah
      Xannah
      Muito obrigado, @TriggerWolf ! ¡Tu Español está bien! Your Spanish is ok! :D Thanks for your kindness and you're welcome to come by if you want! In fact, if we meet in TS, I would use your help with my fluency in spoken English if you may. I need to practice a lot or I won't be a good teacher!

Great @luken ! Good to have you in! 4PM GMT +0 it's a good time for us to start classes. It's not essential but it will be better to have something read beforehand. Eventhough, no worries! Before we start I'll provide you some tips in case you want to prepare the class in advance.

@Maarkun, meanwhile you have fun, that's the most important thing, you're more than welcome!

Muito obrigado, @Nayelianne! Whenever you can and want you're welcome to join us! As @TriggerWolf, I saw you enlisted as Senpai to help with English; so, if we meet in TS, it would be really helpful for me your aid with spoken English.

Again, thanks for your interest and your warm welcome! ¡Hasta luego! See you later!
      cheapsh0t and TriggerWolf like this.
    7. Xannah
      Xannah
      ¡Hola a todos!

Long time without updating. We have good and sort of bad news.

The "bad" news are that our schedule for classes has been drasticaly reduced. My soulmate, Xavi, has a new job and he's working on night shift. As I'll need his help during classes, I'll have to stick to his current schedule, and he will only be available on his free days, which are Thursdays and Fridays.

The good news are that we've been working with @cheapsh0t , @TriggerWolf and @Maarkun and SP1 is nearly finished. There's some improvements we would like to build, but these are some minor activities which can wait.

So... our proposal would be to start a test lesson on Friday 20/03 around 18h on GMT+1. We place this concrete date and time, basically for @luken who's the one who proposed a concrete schedule. Hope the rest of you (the above mentioned plus @Nayelianne @Anticdope ) find the date and time appropiate for your schedules.

In case there would be any problem, we can discuss it here, see if we can manage another date and/or time to meet. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay, but Real Life has this things...

Matta ne! :)

PS: We were thinking on placing an extra meeting to play a "Pictionary" with basic vocabulary in Spanish. Would you like it?
      cheapsh0t, TriggerWolf and Anticdope like this.
    8. TriggerWolf
      TriggerWolf
      I won't be able to attend the test lesson... it's way too early for me.

Good luck!

PS: Something like "Build it" like we have with Japanese would be nice, I learned quite a few things from it.
      Xannah likes this.
    9. Xannah
      Xannah
      @TriggerWolf Muito obrigado! Don't worry about the hours of the test. We placed that time as an aproximation. If @luken doesn't mind, we could start a bit later. For us it would be even better, too. And, as far as I know, for @Maarkun it would also be better to start a bit later than 18h +1GMT.

For all of you who would like to attend to the SP1 test, feel free to come around. But for those interested on learning a bit of Spanish in the way, I would recommend to check SP1 first and second floors, and, if possible, try to take a bit of time checking the second floor, where you can find basic structures and phrases.

¡Hasta luego!
    10. luken
      luken
      Sure, I can do later. Thanks for all the hard work!
      cheapsh0t and Xannah like this.
    11. Xannah
      Xannah
      Thanks to you, @luken !

Then, we would switch the starting time to 20h +1GMT if it's ok for everyone. Feel free to tell us wich would be the best schedule for you. Have in mind the test would be like an actual class and the idea would be it to last about 1 hour and a half, aproximately.
    12. Xannah
      Xannah
      ¡Hola!

We're really sorry but, again, Real Life crosses our way and we'll have to pospone the SP1 first lesson test to next Friday, 27th of March, at the same hour, 20:00 GMT +1 (if everyone is ok with the schedule). We apologize for the late change but things got a bit messy in Xavi's job and he's got a change on his schedule.

Hope we don't have to pospone it again and all people interested will be able to attend next week.

Read you soon! Matta ne!
      luken and cheapsh0t like this.
    13. TriggerWolf
      TriggerWolf
      ¡Hola!

Don't worry about that, work can be a pain to deal with sometimes... lol

¡Hasta luego!
      Xannah likes this.
    14. Xannah
      Xannah
      ¡Hola!

It's 21:15 GMT+1 and except @Maarkun , who was really focused playing Stranded Deep, no one else showed up to the meeting.

Unfortunately, as we're having a bit of a problem to coordinate our schedules, we can't tell for sure when we'll be able to place next meeting.

Eventhough, we'll try to continue our work and keep in touch.

¡Hasta luego!
    15. TriggerWolf
      TriggerWolf
      忘れちゃった!

OMG I completely forgot!!! Sorry...

¡Me olvidé por completo, lo siento!
      Xannah likes this.
    16. Xannah
      Xannah
      Nevermind, @TriggerWolf , with the two or three schedule changes, it's normal, don't worry at all. As soon as we know a concrete date we can do the class, we'll try to post it here.

Matta ne!
    17. luken
      luken
      I forgot as well, and I've been looking forward to it for so long! Sorry
      Xannah likes this.
    18. Xannah
      Xannah
      @luken , don't worry, we'll find another day. This time I won't be afraid on posting reminders when the date of the class gets close, hehe xD
    19. Xannah
      Xannah
      ¡Buenas!

We have managed to free a couple of hours next Friday, April 3, at 20:00 GMT+2 (Spain has just changed to Daylight Saving Time), so, if 2 or more people confirm they will attend and have checked out the first two floors on SP1, we will have our SP1 Test first meeting :D

That may interest you, @luken and @TriggerWolf . Observers are also welcome!

¡Hasta luego! ^^
      cheapsh0t likes this.