1. Hi Guest! Log in and play now: mc.kotobaminers.org (MC Version 1.8 onwards)
  2. Hi Guest! Got a question? Just want to chat? Join us on Discord and stay up to date with all the Kotoba Miners crew! Access here).

Don't have the desktop version of Discord? Get it here.

3. Hey Guest!! Stay up to date with events and activities by following us on:
    Official Blog || Facebook || Google+ || Reddit || Twitter || Twitch stream ||
  4. Hi Guest! For a better experience, consider downloading the KotobaRPG Resource pack

Testimonials wanted

Discussion in 'News' started by cheapsh0t, Oct 10, 2014.

By cheapsh0t on Oct 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  1. cheapsh0t

cheapsh0t 日本語の先生 Teacher Administrator

Good day everyone!

Not a competition to day I'm afraid, but more of an お願い!

We are building a new website for Kotoba Miners. The key man behind this project is @xemnes and he is doing an absolutely awesome job. I can't wait to show you all.

Anyway, there is one section of the site that looks like this:
    ss+(2014-10-11+at+12.17.06).jpg

I'd really like to get some genuine testimonials from students current or past.

I'm not gonna be dishing out the 甘いもの care package for this one, but will definitely send my 愛 your way for helping grow the community :)

Requirements
    1. Testimonial paragraph (up to 200 words or so)
    2. Your real name
    3. A picture of you
      1. A real picture is best
      2. If you do not feel comfortable having your real picture on there, then a MC screenshot
      3. If the top two are too much work, then grab your face from here: https://minotar.net/

Tagging people that may be able to help out.

@Rise @dyril @luken @c0n5pir4cy @JustinMT7 @Waespym @rethinkflash @Joshua holland @Skuld9029 @savagekabbage @ManOfMidNight

よろしくお願いします。

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by cheapsh0t, Oct 10, 2014.

1. luken
      luken
      I came to Kotoba Miners with an interest in learning Japanese, and a year later that interest has manifested into my biggest passion. Kotoba Miners is much more than a great resource for Japanese where you can find lessons, help from fluent speakers, listening practice and the like. What really makes me happy is the amount of fun it brings to learning Japanese, the motivation it creates within me and the community behind it. If it involves games and having a laugh with friendly people, I’m already sold, the fact you’re learning a language along the way is nothing short of amazing in my eyes. Can’t thank the Kotoba Miners group enough, and what’s scary is that its still progressing and improving.

Luke Noble

[​IMG]
    2. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      That was fast Luken! ありがとうございます!

All great stuff, but the picture really needs to be square. I put that one on, and the book and the top of your head gets cut off. Have a look mate:
      http://puu.sh/c7pbW/fb19890dda.png
    3. Nayelianne
      Nayelianne
      [​IMG] (I was bored)
      luken likes this.
    4. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      あざーっす!更新します。
    5. luken
      luken
      Yeah what nayelianne did was fine with me if you wanna use that
    6. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      Perfect.

Anyone else willing to help out?

お願いしまーす!
    7. Nayelianne
      Nayelianne
      I would but given I've only been to one class and a test class and haven't checked the server out really well it'd be a bit hard to do a proper testimonial. ;w;
    8. FunnyBunnyofDOOM
      FunnyBunnyofDOOM
      ^ I second that opinion. I will write a testimonial if and when I feel I've had enough experience to do so. Though I am hopeful! I have the perfect Manga for that too, マジック戦士レイアース.
      cheapsh0t likes this.
    9. Nathaniel walters
      Nathaniel walters
      Um if we are a new student can we still do a testimonial.
      Also I have not been to a class I am trying to find out when I can go to one after real school.
      Or on the weekend also my timezone is CDT Central Time Zone.
      This message is specifically for you cheapsh0t.
    10. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      Hi!
      And welcome to Kotoba Miners :)

The class you want to go to is @yukinose's class then. It is 11am on a Sunday for people on the east coast, so I am presuming it will be an hour earlier for you in CDT. Here are the details
    11. Nathaniel walters
    12. Waespym
      Waespym
      I came to Kotoba Miners with one goal in mind, to learn Japanese. What I received was so much more. Not only was I given the opportunity to learn the language, but I was also able to learn about the Japanese culture. In addition, I made many, great friends during the 8 months that I have been a part of this community. I even got to meet people from all over the world and learned about their cultures too. Here, you will always find people from all walks of life willing to help each other out. You really get motivated to do excel. However, learning a language is not easy; one needs to put a lot of effort into learning, including outside of the classroom like in school.

One thing that Kotoba Miners can be proud of, is that it is an innovative way of teaching language. I can say for myself, I have learned more in the 8 months that I've been here than in two years of high school language classes.

Michael Waespy

(I'll have to get back to you on the picture.)
      cheapsh0t and luken like this.
    13. JustinMT7
      JustinMT7
      I work in a very demanding profession, leaving minimal free time for language study and requires a considerable amount of travel. Kotoba Miners is the perfect fit for my schedule! A wide range of classes are available, and are tailored to accommodate European, North American, and East Asian time zones. Because the classes are online, I can attend with the same instructor and classmates from any location in the world with internet connectivity! So far, I've attended class from 9 countries, 3 continents, and dozens of cities while on the road.

Instructors spend a remarkable amount of time and effort engineering virtual interactive learning environments, customized for each lesson. It's something that simply cannot be replicated in the real-world. Most importantly, the interactive format forces you to practice what you've learned in the lesson, rather than the old-fashioned classroom and lecture format.

Kotoba Miners is trailblazing the future of language learning. Come be a part of history with us!

Justin T.

[​IMG]
      luken likes this.
    14. TriggerWolf
      TriggerWolf
      I spent a few months trying to learn Japanese by myself with many different applications and books and while they somewhat worked to learn the very basics, soon enough I saw myself losing motivation really fast, also trying to find local courses but with no avail so I kind of gave up on the idea... I found Kotoba Miners on an article in the news, learning Japanese like an actual class in minecraft, at home! I immediately took a look and it got me interested; I thought this couldn't be any better... I was unbelievably wrong.

Kotoba Miners is not just about learning Japanese using minecraft, it's about learning Japanese using minecraft along with an amazing community and staff. You find teachers and native speakers that devote their time to the students even outside of classes and people around the world that share the same common interest in the Japanese language and culture always willing to assist... all of this and playing all sorts of games and have a good time with friendly people, it's far beyond what I ever expected. This is what keeps me motivated.

Diogo Valente

[​IMG]
      Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
      luken likes this.
    15. Nayelianne
      Nayelianne
      Danielle Quast Tostes

(For the image, feel free to pick any of the options here or even my current avatar on the forums)

Kotoba Miners isn't just another site to learn Japanese, it might just be the place you'll have the most varied resources to do it, and the place you can do it while having the most fun. Are a beginner looking for a place to start? Hop along, you'll be just fine. Are you a more intermediate or advanced student who wants a place to improve further? This is it. Are you somewhere oddly in between who doesn't know how to progress further? You just might have found your solution. Kotoba Miners has a thriving community that won't fall short of ways to immerse yourself, learn and practice Japanese in a way that's most natural, fast, and useful. You'll learn the things texbooks don't teach you, get in contact with Japanese natives, have a pile of events to choose from, participate in pertinent in-game activities that are fun to accomplish and even make new friends! There's even a LINE group that you can access whenever you want to chat about (or in) Japanese with people on the server right from your cellphone whenever you feel like it. And you get all of that for free.

The only thing you need to pay for are the classes with teachers (with voice chat and everything), but with everything else that this site and community have to offer, it's perfectly doable to take all the lessons by yourself, as the content itself is freely available for anyone who wants to try it.
      I must confess I have a prejudice against "Traditional" language classes, I always felt like they taught you things in the wrong order, and in a way that you'll be sure to forget it. If you feel like that too, then trust someone like you, Kotoba Miners is better than that.

Personally, I was in that weird level of Japanese, between knowing some intermediate/advanced stuff and not knowing some really basic things. I was frozen, I didn't know where to go from that. I couldn't enter regular language classes, not without feeling like I was throwing my money away. Kotoba Miners began to fix that, it gave me a place to stand in the middle of the random Japanese knowledge that I had and didn't know how to put to good use. It gave me somewhere to feel comfortable to make mistakes, a place where I felt I should and needed to use Japanese, a place to start building from. Kotoba Miners became my new found home, really.

And do you know what is the most awesome part of it? You're not the only one who'll evolve through this, because Kotoba Miners is constantly growing to find the best, most natural and fun way to help you learn Japanese. That means your thoughts as an user matter here, and the more you participate, the more the site will grow into the best place for you.
      cheapsh0t likes this.
    16. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      Just updated the page with all your lovely testimonials.

ありがとうね、みんな!