1. Hi Guest! Log in and play now: mc.kotobaminers.org (MC Version 1.8 onwards)
  2. Hi Guest! Got a question? Just want to chat? Join us on Discord and stay up to date with all the Kotoba Miners crew! Access here).

Don't have the desktop version of Discord? Get it here.

3. Hey Guest!! Stay up to date with events and activities by following us on:
    Official Blog || Facebook || Google+ || Reddit || Twitter || Twitch stream ||
  4. Hi Guest! For a better experience, consider downloading the KotobaRPG Resource pack

Secret Santa!

Discussion in 'News' started by cheapsh0t, Nov 24, 2014.

By cheapsh0t on Nov 24, 2014 at 5:58 AM
  1. cheapsh0t

cheapsh0t 日本語の先生 Teacher Administrator

[​IMG]
    What is a secret santa?
    Secret Santa is a Western Christmas tradition in which members of a group or community are randomly assigned a person to whom they anonymously give a gift. Often practiced in workplaces or amongst large families, participation in it is usually voluntary. (from wiki)

TL;DR: Register your name, and then you will be given another persons address to send a present to. You will also receive a present from someone.

How?
    Email me at [email protected] with:

Subject: "Secret Santa"
    Mail contents: your MC username, your real name, your address, and some things that you like (to make it easier for people to choose a gift for you). An example is given below:

==================================
    Cheapshot
    James York
    123 New Road
    Tokyo
    Japan

board games, beetles, chiptune
    ==================================
    How much do we spend?
    It is important that we all spend approximately the same amount on each others present. This guarantees two things, 1) you are not disappoint that you got a "lousy" present, and 2) more people can participate (None of us is rich at KM (yet?))!!

So I would like us all to consider how much the present (including shipping) should amount to. I suggest something like $20.

When is the cut off date?
    To ensure that all presents arrive in time for Christmas, let's set the application cut off date to December 1st. This means that you will be told who to send a gift to on December 2nd.

So, to repeat:

Please tell me how much you'd like to set as a MAXIMUM price for presents INCLUDING SHIPPING below

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    TriggerWolf and Nayelianne like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by cheapsh0t, Nov 24, 2014.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Nayelianne
      Nayelianne
      Aw, Secret Santas are fun. xD Wish I weren't completely broke and the dollar wasn't so high right now. I hope everyone shows off their presents!
    2. Waespym
      Waespym
      I guess maximum price could be $30. However, shipping costs can vary greatly depending on where you're sending and how fast you want it to get there.
    3. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      Generally, shipping for me is between 10 and 15 dollars depending on the size of the item. Not usually more that though.
      You mentioned customs tax and stuff like that. I have not had that situation arise for me so far, but I guess it should be the person shipping the item that pays.
    4. TriggerWolf
      TriggerWolf
      Also... customs really depend on the destination country... Over here even if the package stops for customs control, if the declared value of the item(s) plus shipping is under 44€ or something close you can pick it up without having to pay any taxes. My take is that it is probably similar in other countries!

Shipping for me is anywhere between 3 and 20€ depending on the weight (max 2KG) and destination (In or out of the EU)
    5. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      Today, Sunday November 30th is the last day to get involved!!
    6. Waespym
      Waespym
      This is going to be fun! I can't wait.
    7. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      Entries for the Secret Santa are now CLOSED!
    8. cheapsh0t
      cheapsh0t
      Messages going out to all participants now!
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.