fxkill asked me how to buy ebooks off amazon.co.jp, and my answer was a little unclear so I thought I would elaborate. I did all of the following, although it is possible that some steps are unnecessary I don't know which can be safely excluded:
A couple of additional writeups, ymmv:
- Make an account on http://www.amazon.co.jp/. Your regular email address is fine, even if you have a US amazon account registered to it. Rikaisama/Rikaichan can help you get through this, and there is actually an option that makes the site *mostly* English if you can find it.
- A valid shipping address registered to that account. If you've ever used a proxy service to ship physical goods from Japan, you can use that address. Or make one up that could, in theory, be legit. You have to add this under the Your Account setting, or set it up the first time you try to make a purchase
- A valid credit card to make purchases must be added to your account as well, obviously. US card is fine.
- You may need a proxy. https://www.tunnelbear.com/ is a proxy service that can make it look like you are in Japan, and is free up to 500 MB which is all you should need to do this. I don't know if you need this or not, to be honest. Some people claim that after a certain number of purchases that clearly occur from an out-of-country IP you can get your library locked. Some people say they've never had any such problem. But turning the proxy on when you are actually making ebook purchases certainly doesn't hurt anything.
- A kindle device you are willing to register to amazon.co.jp. If you have a physical kindle, this is going to wipe your library when you deregister and reregister it. You can, however, use the kindle for PC client that you can find here if you don't want to lose a kindle device: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page?ie=UTF8&ref_=klp_mn Once you have it installed, you can go to Tools->Options->Registration and register it to your amazon.co.jp account.
- At this point you should be able to just buy books at will. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi Guest! Log in and play now: mc.kotobaminers.org (MC Version 1.8 onwards)
Hi Guest! For a better experience, consider downloading the KotobaRPG Resource pack